Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default pie charts instead of bubbles

I have four data series I would like to visualize using a bubble chart.
(x, y, r, p)
x: x axis position
y: y axis position
r: bubble size
p: probability (preferrable shown as pie sector angle)

How can I replace the bubbles in the pie chart by little pie charts each
representing two values (site and sector angle)? I could not find any
corresponding atrribute in the object model.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Possibly Andy Pope's example showing how to use pie charts as data markers
can help:

http://andypope.info/charts/piedatamarkers.htm

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"Rudolf" wrote:

I have four data series I would like to visualize using a bubble chart.
(x, y, r, p)
x: x axis position
y: y axis position
r: bubble size
p: probability (preferrable shown as pie sector angle)

How can I replace the bubbles in the pie chart by little pie charts each
representing two values (site and sector angle)? I could not find any
corresponding atrribute in the object model.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Re[2]: pie charts instead of bubbles

Hi John!

Thank you for the link; it solves my problem for now.

I will have to do a mass of "four parameter" bubble charts as explained below.
Is there a possibility to extend Excel's bubble chart object to automate the
generation and association of the pies to the bubble points?
I think I had to program an add-in for this task. Where can I find a good
starting point, possibly not having to start from scratch?

Thanks in advance
Rudolf.

"Rudolf" wrote:

I have four data series I would like to visualize using a bubble chart.
(x, y, r, p)
x: x axis position
y: y axis position
r: bubble size
p: probability (preferrable shown as pie sector angle)

How can I replace the bubbles in the pie chart by little pie charts each
representing two values (site and sector angle)? I could not find any
corresponding atrribute in the object model.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Rudolf,

Yes, actually Andy's example contains a snippet of VBA code that would serve
as a good starting point for automating the task of adding pie charts as data
markers. Hope this helps.

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net