-   -   pie charts instead of bubbles (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/149399-pie-charts-instead-bubbles.html)

Rudolf

pie charts instead of bubbles

I have four data series I would like to visualize using a bubble chart.
(x, y, r, p)
x: x axis position
y: y axis position
r: bubble size
p: probability (preferrable shown as pie sector angle)

How can I replace the bubbles in the pie chart by little pie charts each
representing two values (site and sector angle)? I could not find any
corresponding atrribute in the object model.

John Mansfield

pie charts instead of bubbles

Possibly Andy Pope's example showing how to use pie charts as data markers
can help:

http://andypope.info/charts/piedatamarkers.htm

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"Rudolf" wrote:

I have four data series I would like to visualize using a bubble chart.
(x, y, r, p)
x: x axis position
y: y axis position
r: bubble size
p: probability (preferrable shown as pie sector angle)

How can I replace the bubbles in the pie chart by little pie charts each
representing two values (site and sector angle)? I could not find any
corresponding atrribute in the object model.

Rudolf

Re[2]: pie charts instead of bubbles

Hi John!

Thank you for the link; it solves my problem for now.

I will have to do a mass of "four parameter" bubble charts as explained below.
Is there a possibility to extend Excel's bubble chart object to automate the
generation and association of the pies to the bubble points?
I think I had to program an add-in for this task. Where can I find a good
starting point, possibly not having to start from scratch?

Thanks in advance
Rudolf.

"Rudolf" wrote:

I have four data series I would like to visualize using a bubble chart.
(x, y, r, p)
x: x axis position
y: y axis position
r: bubble size
p: probability (preferrable shown as pie sector angle)

How can I replace the bubbles in the pie chart by little pie charts each
representing two values (site and sector angle)? I could not find any
corresponding atrribute in the object model.

John Mansfield

Re[2]: pie charts instead of bubbles

Rudolf,

Yes, actually Andy's example contains a snippet of VBA code that would serve
as a good starting point for automating the task of adding pie charts as data
markers. Hope this helps.

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net