Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Combination Bar Charts, Bars shrink when X-values inserted

I am generating several bar charts that show multiple series of data in both
bar and line format. I can get the two together just perfectly. However,
when I add the secondary Y axis, my bars shrink to about half of that size.
Then, when in the source data box I select the values for the X Axis, it
shrinks my bars to a miniscutle line. I have played with all combinations of
gap and overlap with only minimal success. I need the x-values and the data
table to display. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If Excel interprets the category values as dates, it may change the axis
type from category to time scale. If your data are weekly, for example, you
will have 6 blank spaces for the days in between with no data. Go to Chart
menu Chart Options Axes, and change the selection under Category (X)
Axis from Auto or Time Scale to Category.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions