Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default excel programming

I would like to know how to automate the following two processes with excel:

1. I would like to take data that is obtained from sql server 2000 queries
results and load the detail data onto excel spreadsheets.

2. I would also like to take data that is obtained from sql server 2000
query results and load the data in pivot tables in excel spreadheet 2003.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Wendy Elizabeth said:
I would like to know how to automate the following two processes with excel:

Have you tried the newsgroup microsoft.public.excel.programming? This is
microsoft.public.excel.charting.

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

HI Wendy,

In Excel 2003...

I would like to know how to automate the following two processes with
excel:

1. I would like to take data that is obtained from sql server 2000 queries
results and load the detail data onto excel spreadsheets.

Data - Import External Data - New Database Query

2. I would also like to take data that is obtained from sql server 2000
query results and load the data in pivot tables in excel spreadheet 2003.

Data - Pivot Table and Pivot Chart Report - External Data

In both cases, choose New Data Source and select SQL Server as the data
source.
If you need more details, see my Pivot Table tutorial (goes through the
steps needed to connect to an Access db, but SQL Server is much the same)
http://www.edferrero.com/ExcelTutori...9/Default.aspx

Ed Ferrero