Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default dates as minimum axis values

Excel versions prior to Excel 2007 allowed dates to be entered as minimum
axis values for XY charts on the axis format scale menu. In Excel 2007 when
I attempt to enter a date as a minimum value, i.e. attempting to enter
1-1-2007 with the Fixed radio button selected in Axis Options, the automatic
value pops back up unchanged. I can successfuly enter a numeric value, but
not a date. This requirement adds several extra steps - calculating a date
value and typing the resulting number, then deleting the calculation - to
what used to be a simple process. If anyone knows that the same capability
still exists in Excel 2007 that I've just not found, please enlighten me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

When they updated all the chart dialogs, Microsoft left out some long-time
features, such as the ability to enter a date or time as a value axis scale
parameter. I've filed it as a bug, and with any luck they'll correct this
problem.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP