Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Charting more than 255 bits of data

Is there a way to chart more than 255 bits of data; which is Excel's limit?
If yes, is there a limit to that amount of data?

Thanks.
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Charting more than 255 bits of data

Yes, there is a way to chart more than 255 bits of data in Excel. One way to do this is by using a combination of multiple charts or by using a pivot chart.

Here are the steps to create a pivot chart:
  1. Select the data range that you want to chart.
  2. Go to the "Insert" tab and click on "PivotChart".
  3. In the "Create PivotChart" dialog box, select the type of chart you want to create and click "OK".
  4. In the "PivotTable Field List" pane, drag the fields that you want to use for the chart to the "Axis" and "Values" areas.
  5. Customize the chart as needed.

There is no specific limit to the amount of data that can be charted using a pivot chart. However, keep in mind that the more data you have, the more complex the chart may become and it may take longer to load or update. It's also important to ensure that your computer has enough memory and processing power to handle large amounts of data.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

That's the limit to the number of series in a chart. Each series can hold up
to 32000 points, subject to a maximum of 256000 points in the chart.

I suspect you have 255 series each with one point. Could you select the data
all at once and make a single series with 255 points?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"PVakerling" wrote in message
Is there a way to chart more than 255 bits of data; which is Excel's
limit?
If yes, is there a limit to that amount of data?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thank you for your quick reply. I don't understand what you mean by series.
What I need to do is chart Sugar prices for a 10 year period and then show
when my clients prdictions were correct. Each year is 365 days/points.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Mon, 21 May 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
PVakerling said:
Thank you for your quick reply. I don't understand what you mean by series.
What I need to do is chart Sugar prices for a 10 year period and then show
when my clients prdictions were correct. Each year is 365 days/points.

You are currently using the Chart Wizard to create your graph. When you
get to the bit where it says "Series in:" and offers you a choice of
"Rows" or "Columns", change the choice you are currently making, as it
is the wrong one.

--
Del Cotter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

A series is one or more points plotted together.

I guess you want to arrange your data into two columns: Date and Price.
Select the data and make a line or scatter chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"PVakerling" wrote in message

Thank you for your quick reply. I don't understand what you mean by
series.
What I need to do is chart Sugar prices for a 10 year period and then show
when my clients prdictions were correct. Each year is 365 days/points.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

PVakerling said:
Thank you for your quick reply. I don't understand what you mean by series.
What I need to do is chart Sugar prices for a 10 year period and then show
when my clients prdictions were correct. Each year is 365 days/points.

Are you trying to type your years into 10 rows of 365 columns each?
Because there are only 255 columns in versions of Excel earlier than
2007, and that's all you get.

Type your bits of information in 10 columns of 365 rows each instead.
There are 65,536 rows, so you won't run out.

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you mean the number of series in one chart, 255 is your limit.
You can have 32000 points in one series, and 256000 points in one chart.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...21033#Charting
for 2007
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...992911033.aspx for 2003
--