Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I change the default line colors in Excel graphs?

I would like to use a color scheme that is viewable. Presently the first
color selected by the program is light blue. How do I set the default colors
to my choice? Can I set several color schemes for different end uses like
printing versus projecting?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Use Tools--Options and select the Colors tab to change the default chart
line colours.

The only way I know of to effectively create colour profiles is to create a
blank workbook and set a custom colour palette in it. Save the workbook
somewhere. Do that for each colour palette you wish to have, saving each one
in a different workbook. Then, when you create a new workbook and wish to
base your chart defaults around one of those palettes, open the colour
palette workbook, switch back to your new one (where you want the chart),
select Tools--Options, choose the colour palette and in the "Copy Colors
From" dropdown select the other colour palette workbook.

It's long winded, but works if you wish to avoid using VBA.