Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to group bars showing counts and overlay line compliance chart

Using data similar to what's below (month, ticket count type, customer, SLA
compliance %), I'd like to be able to have the bars with the # of tickets
opened and closed for each month grouped so the bars touch each other while
still having space inbetween each months' bars (using the 1st axis). I only
can seem to find an option that determines the space between all bars...not
allowing me to group the bars for a given month.

As a second issue, the SLA compliance % data for closed tickets won't show
up as a line chart overlaying the bar chart described above. I can get
milestones to show, but not the line itself (using the 2nd axis).

Any help in accomplishing either or both items would be greatly appreciated.

Ticket Volume & SLA Compliance
Month Ticket Count Types Customer #1 Customer #2 Customer
#3 Resolution SLA
Jul Opened 349 53 426
Closed 340 60 430 68%
Aug Opened 405 69 477
Closed 390 75 460 73%
Sep Opened 430 90 732
Closed 450 90 715 78%
Oct Opened 408 79 621
Closed 400 70 600 69%

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Are you looking for a stacked/clustered column chart? Look he

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

To make the line segments appear, go to Tools men Options Chart, and
under Plot Empty Cells As, choose Interpolate.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

#3 Resolution SLA
Jul Opened 349 53 426
Closed 340 60 430 68%
Aug Opened 405 69 477
Closed 390 75 460 73%
Sep Opened 430 90 732
Closed 450 90 715 78%
Oct Opened 408 79 621
Closed 400 70 600 69%

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to group bars showing counts and overlay line compliance c

Hi Jon €“
I really appreciate your response! For everything Im trying to accomplish
I really need to utilize the 2nd axis instead of hiding it. I got the chart
to group different counts for each month by adding an empty row of cells
after each months data. For some reason I am currently unable to get the
SLA % line to show in the chart€¦I can get the milestones to show but thats
not as effective as the line. I forwarded you my example file. Can you can
take a look at it and tell me if you know of a way to make the SLA % line
visible?

To summarize what Im trying to accomplish in a single chart:
€¢ Group the number/count of opened and number of closed tickets for each
month (as bar chart format), and
€¢ Overlay percentage of tickets resolved within SLA over the volume for
each month (as line chart format)
o SLA is only calculated for Closed Tickets (1 of the 2 counts
associated with each month)

Thanks again for your response and help!

Jason

====================================

#3 Resolution SLA
Jul Opened 349 53 426
Closed 340 60 430 68%
Aug Opened 405 69 477
Closed 390 75 460 73%
Sep Opened 430 90 732
Closed 450 90 715 78%
Oct Opened 408 79 621
Closed 400 70 600 69%

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Jason needed to interpolate where there were blank cells, but Excel doesn't
offer that for a combination chart, only for a line or XY chart.

The trick is to either change all the series to Line, set the option (Tools
menu Options Chart tab in Excel 2003 or Ribbon: Chart Tools Design tab
Data Group Select Data, Hidden and Empty Cells button in Excel 2007),

then change the series back, or fill the blank cells with #N/A to make Excel
draw the lines.

- Jon
-------

#3 Resolution SLA