Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ST ST is offline

Default Scale of Data Table in Graph Object

I can change the scale of numbers on my axis, but can I do that to the
numbers in the data table, if I put one in the graph object?

Ack!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I'm not sure exactly what your asking for, but the built-in data tables don't
allow modifications. An alternative is to create your own data table in the
worksheet. Then use the camera tool to copy it as a picture into your chart.
Using the camera tool will allow you to still retain links to the cells.

You can get to the camera tool via the View - Toolbars - Custom option.

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"ST" wrote:

I can change the scale of numbers on my axis, but can I do that to the
numbers in the data table, if I put one in the graph object?

Ack!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ST ST is offline

Perfect. I have a graph with a y axis in the Millions. I changed the scale
down to be 10, 20, 30 - instead of 10,000,000 etc. But I wanted to
shorten/clean up the data table too.

It is good to know I can't adjust it. I would have spent more time hitting
my head against my ugly cube wall. THANK YOU!

"ST" wrote:

I can change the scale of numbers on my axis, but can I do that to the
numbers in the data table, if I put one in the graph object?

Ack!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Creating your own data table is usually the simplest approach if you need to
have complete control over the tables appearance.
But you could change the cells number format to #,, and the values will
change in the data table. Although you may need to set the axis number
format to General if you are displaying in Millions.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel