Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ST ST is offline

Default Scale of Data Table in Graph Object

Perfect. I have a graph with a y axis in the Millions. I changed the scale
down to be 10, 20, 30 - instead of 10,000,000 etc. But I wanted to
shorten/clean up the data table too.

It is good to know I can't adjust it. I would have spent more time hitting
my head against my ugly cube wall. THANK YOU!

"John Mansfield" wrote:

I'm not sure exactly what your asking for, but the built-in data tables don't
allow modifications. An alternative is to create your own data table in the
worksheet. Then use the camera tool to copy it as a picture into your chart.
Using the camera tool will allow you to still retain links to the cells.

You can get to the camera tool via the View - Toolbars - Custom option.

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"ST" wrote:

I can change the scale of numbers on my axis, but can I do that to the
numbers in the data table, if I put one in the graph object?

Ack!