Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Why Color Flled Data Series on Line Chart Slants

I have a modified line chart showing cumulative product cost over a twelve
month period. The x-axis shows each month, and the data line moves right and
up increasing with the cumulative total for the months. Right now, the first
six months are actual and second six months are projected. Each side is
color filled (using Format Data Series Fill Effects) and there is a vertical
line showing the separation. For some reason the color fill and vertical
line are slanting, indicating different month points between the data line
and the x axis. Any idea what might be causing this and/or how to fit it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I can't read your writing. Do you mean there's an alternating slanted fill
pattern?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"MP246AZ" wrote in message
I have a modified line chart showing cumulative product cost over a twelve
month period. The x-axis shows each month, and the data line moves right
and
up increasing with the cumulative total for the months. Right now, the
first
six months are actual and second six months are projected. Each side is
color filled (using Format Data Series Fill Effects) and there is a
vertical
line showing the separation. For some reason the color fill and vertical
line are slanting, indicating different month points between the data line
and the x axis. Any idea what might be causing this and/or how to fit it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

No, both the line and color slant together. The problem is that I do not
want the slant. I want the line and color to be straight up and down from
the point on the line to the point on the x-axis. However, the point of a
given month (say March) on the line is not matching up with that same
point/month of the x-axis. Unfortunately, I cannot post a visual to make it
easierto see what I am talking about.

"MP246AZ" wrote in message
I have a modified line chart showing cumulative product cost over a twelve
month period. The x-axis shows each month, and the data line moves right
and
up increasing with the cumulative total for the months. Right now, the
first
six months are actual and second six months are projected. Each side is
color filled (using Format Data Series Fill Effects) and there is a
vertical
line showing the separation. For some reason the color fill and vertical
line are slanting, indicating different month points between the data line
and the x axis. Any idea what might be causing this and/or how to fit it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Are you using a couple of data series as areas to provide the shading?
If so you probably have a slanted line at the separation point as one
series drops to zero and the other starts from zero.
To get around this you need to plot the area series on a date based axis.

If not then I'm as lost as Jon to your actual problem.

Cheers
Andy

"MP246AZ" wrote in message

I have a modified line chart showing cumulative product cost over a twelve
month period. The x-axis shows each month, and the data line moves right
and
up increasing with the cumulative total for the months. Right now, the
first
six months are actual and second six months are projected. Each side is
color filled (using Format Data Series Fill Effects) and there is a
vertical
line showing the separation. For some reason the color fill and vertical
line are slanting, indicating different month points between the data line
and the x axis. Any idea what might be causing this and/or how to fit it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hmmm, do you want this:

If the site is down, it's because their web server went belly up. They're in
the process of setting up a nice new shiny box, and it should be available
in a couple days.

- Jon
-------