Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Stacked chart

Hi, I have income distribution functions for different countries and I
am trying to stack these curves.
The data looks in this way:
Country 1 Country 2
x y x y
5 0.2 7 0.1
8 0.4 9 0.3
10 0.3 12 0.5
15 0.1 20 0.1
Where x is the mean income and y is the % of the population. My
problem plotting the curves is that different countries have different
range of x values. And I want to keep them when I am stacking the
curves.
When I use stacked line chart excel considers the x values as
categorical or time variables and it adds the curves considering only
4 x points. I would like to use all of them, from 5 to 20 and add the
curves considering that they are overlapped only in a segment of x
(not in all the range)
How can I do this in excel? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You need to use xy-scatter chart type in order to get true x values plotted.
If you also want stacked lines you will need to add the first series Y
values to the 2nd series as there is no stacked option for xy-scatter.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel