Mike

Default graph totals

How do I display totals within the graph data table without those figures
showing up in the graph
Debra Dalgleish

The data table won't display totals. However, you could show the totals
with the X axis label:

In the data source table, insert a row between the X Axis labels, and
the first row of data.
In the cell below the first label, enter a formula that refers to the
cell with the label, and the cell with the total, e.g.:

=B1 & CHAR(10) & B8

Copy this formula across to the last column of data.

Select the chart
Choose ChartSource Data
On the Series tab, for Category (X) axis labels, select the cells that
contain the above formula
Click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Jon Peltier

Well, a series can be added plotting the totals. Then the series can be
formatted to be hidden (no lines, no markers, no border or fill or
whatever. The numbers will still appear in the data table.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Mike wrote:

How do I display totals within the graph data table without those
figures showing up in the graph

Jon Peltier

That depends. If the main chart is stacked column, I'd make the total
series a line series before I hid it. If they're all lines then the Y
max would be overstated by the totals (unless the hidden series were
also plotted on the secondary axis, and this axis were hidden).

- Jon
-------

Mike wrote:

How do I display totals within the graph data table without those
figures showing up in the graph

Debra Dalgleish

Or, Mike could try one of your usual suggestions, and avoid the built-in
data table:

For an embedded chart:

http://groups.google.ca/groups?&thre...GP14.ph x.gbl

for a chart sheet:

http://groups.google.ca/groups?&thre...g p13.phx.gbl

Mike wrote:

How do I display totals within the graph data table without those
figures showing up in the graph

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Tushar Mehta

If you avoid the default data table, you can simulate a much better
effect. See Custom Chart Table
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...able/index.htm

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com