Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default "Stacked scatter plot"?

Hi. I want to have a stacked area plot to show off how much time out of the
total various tasks take in some simulation software I have. The problem is
that the input data (the x axis) occurs at irregularintervals. E.g. I may
have data for 10 elements, and then the next is for 20 elements, and then one
data point for 21 elements or whatever.

Just producing a stacked area plot looks allright, but even though the
input:time releationship is more or less linear, I get this weirdly shape
curve because Excell just assumes that the input data value pairs should be
evenely spaced on the X axis.

Is there any way of getting it to put the "ticks" on the X axis depending on
the actual value rather than just uniformly distributing it?