Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default "Stacked scatter plot"?

Tell us more details about the two sets of data
Then tell us what the chart should show.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"sylvan" wrote in message
Hi. I want to have a stacked area plot to show off how much time out of
the
total various tasks take in some simulation software I have. The problem
is
that the input data (the x axis) occurs at irregularintervals. E.g. I may
have data for 10 elements, and then the next is for 20 elements, and then
one
data point for 21 elements or whatever.

Just producing a stacked area plot looks allright, but even though the
input:time releationship is more or less linear, I get this weirdly shape
curve because Excell just assumes that the input data value pairs should
be
evenely spaced on the X axis.

Is there any way of getting it to put the "ticks" on the X axis depending
on
the actual value rather than just uniformly distributing it?