Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Question Variation: Shading a portion of the space between two lines

I posted a question on March 21 about how to shade a small portion of
space between two lines and got an answer from Jon that helped
immensely.

I have a slight variation on that question. I've tried manipulating
the data in several ways myself, and got close, but no cigar.

Here is my revised question. I have another chart with two
intersecting lines. I want to shade a small portion of the space
before the intersection and another small portion of the space after
the intersection. Specifically, there are 13 points on each line and
I want to shade the space between points 1 and 5 and again between
points 8 and 11 (the lines cross between points 6 and 7). I can get
the left side shaded properly or I can get the right side shaded
properly...but I can't get both sides shaded on the graph at the same
time.

Here are the data points in case that helps.

0 25
0 24
1 23
1 22
4 21
12 21
25 20
40 20
48 20
55 20
51 20
46 20
33 20

Thank-you to anyone who has any ideas for me.

Lori

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

This shades both sides but there is a incorrectly shaded part where the
lines cross. Perhaps the stuff Jon has shown you will allow you to deal
with it.

Any way plot 3 series as area chart. Assuming your test data is in the
range A1:B13 use these 3 formula in C1:E1

C1: =IF(A1<=B1,B1,A1)
D1: =A1
E1: =MIN(A1,B1)

Copy formula down to row 13.
Format Series 5 fill to be same colour as plot area.

Cheers
Andy