Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default copy paste problems for chart from excel to power point, solution

I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts
are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried
everyting, turned off auto scale and selected the don't move or resize with
cells option and still having the same problem, any idea how to fix that?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Jean said:

I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts
are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried
everyting, turned off auto scale and selected the don't move or resize with
cells option and still having the same problem, any idea how to fix that?

Are you using Autoshape drawings in the Excel chart? I am told that
Autoshapes and charts work on two different grids, so that it's very
difficult to get them to work when you transfer vector graphics outside
Excel to try to show them anywhere else. I know from my own experience
that's true; it's very disappointing, as the shapes would have been a
very powerful addition to Excel's graphing capabilities.

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Does the chart have to remain linked to Excel?

If not, copy the chart as a picture. In Excel, select the chart, hold Shift
while selecting the Edit menu, choose Copy Picture; in most cases, the On
Screen and Picture options provide the best results.

If so, make a copy of the chart, change its location to a chart sheet, move
the chart sheet to a new workbook. Go to Page Setup and adjust the margins
so the chart within the margins is the size you need in PowerPoint; e.g., a
chart that has to be 3.5 by 5 on a 8.5 by 11 page needs margins of
(8.5-3.5)/2 or 2.5 top and bottom and (11-5)/2 or 3 left and right. Copy
this chart and paste it into PowerPoint.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions