Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Why does my excel chart appear in gray when I copy it?

I want to copy an excel chart into powerpoint. It is a simple column chart.
However the columns contain a color gradient. When I copy the chart to the
clipoard, the columns turn into gray. This problem however does not occur on
other computers using the same excel version (2003).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi batman,

There are about 30 ways to copy and paste charts from Excel into PowerPoint.
The problem you are describing is not one I have heard of - namely that it
works on one machine but not another. However, you could try a different
method of copying. For example - you can use the Camera tool to copy a
chart, or you can hold down the Shift key and choose Edit, Copy Picture. In
PowerPoint you can insert the chart as an Object, or paste a chart copied by
one of the above methods. In addition you can choose Edit, Paste Special
rather than paste, which will give you a number of options depending on the
method you used to copy the chart.

An alternate approach is to copy the data from Excel to the PowerPoint
datasheet and plot in PowerPoint. This method often gives the best results
because you can manipulate the chart in PowerPoint without distortion.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire