Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Axis label question

Hi all,
Using Excel 2003, often the last few characters of the value (Y) axis label
are not displayed when creating a data chart. Does anyone know how to fix
this
problem? I've sometimes been able to force it to display the last characters
by adding a couple spaces at the end of the axis title, but this is not an
ideal solution and doesn't always work.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you!
Vrin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

This is a known bug and your solution seems the prefered workaround. If your
file goes to other, you may wish to format the added characters to make them
invisible since the bug occurs only on some PCs
best wishes
Bernard Liengme
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/

"Vrin" .(donotspam) wrote in message
Hi all,
Using Excel 2003, often the last few characters of the value (Y) axis
label
are not displayed when creating a data chart. Does anyone know how to fix
this
problem? I've sometimes been able to force it to display the last
characters
by adding a couple spaces at the end of the axis title, but this is not an
ideal solution and doesn't always work.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you!
Vrin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Vrin -

Instead of adding only spaces, you may need to include a printable
character, like a period, after the spaces.

But, to see the variety of solutions to this problem, browse to
www.google.com or to groups.google.com and search for "excel truncated y
axis label" (without the quotes).

- Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com

"Vrin" .(donotspam) wrote in message
Hi all,
Using Excel 2003, often the last few characters of the value (Y) axis
label
are not displayed when creating a data chart. Does anyone know how to fix
this
problem? I've sometimes been able to force it to display the last
characters
by adding a couple spaces at the end of the axis title, but this is not an
ideal solution and doesn't always work.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you!
Vrin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I've added a period before, not always with success,
mostly because I didn't think to change the font color to white. I
appreciate your suggestion to search on Google - I found some more info
there. Guess I'll just have to wait until the company updates to 2007 - I
won't hold my breath given we just last month updated to 2003.

Thanks,
Vrin

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Don't be in a hurry to upgrade. Better the devil you know...

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions