Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default show value as percentage in stacked bar graph

I work for the Court and I am trying to show the percentage of 2 types of
cases (CC and SP) to the total judicial caseload, in five different separate
locations, on one graph. I developed a stacked chart which shows the values
(number of cases) of each type (CC or SP) per location. I was also able to
also show the value only of the total number of cases (CC + SP) and keep the
original chart format without adding a third stack on top by entering a third
series as the total value, but making this series transparent and aligning
the total value at bottom of stacked series of CC & SP cases. NOW I want to
keep the total number of cases on top of the 2 stacked bars for # of CC and
SP cases, but need to show them as a percent of the total, not the actual
number. This would mean mixing values and percentage data labels, but I
thought I could do it using a 2Y axis and making it transparent.

Mr. Excel, or any other expert, are you out there? Help! As you know, the
percentage works on the pie graph, but I can't do grouping by the five court
locations in that format. How can I get it to work on the stacked bar graph,
and still keep the total on top as a value, not a percentage (which would
obviosly be 100%)? Will send file if that helps. Thanks, Lorah in Miami,
Florida State Courts System.