Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Beginner help needed with line chart

I'm in a Management Science class going through some probability and
statistics stuff. I'm trying to create a graph that imitates the one
in the book. We're using QM for Windows, but I wanted to something
simple in Excel in order to understand the problems.

I have all the data, but figuring out how to set it up in Excel is
what's killing me.

Two categories:

Receivers with a line drawn from point 0,20 to 40,0
CD players with a line drawn from point 60,0 to 0,20

I want the lines to originate and end on the axis themselves, excel
wants to place them in the middle of the entire graph.

The other thing is I want to enter individual points as above and not
do something like 40,20.

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I don't understand your description, but suspect that you need to be using an
"XY (Scatter)" chart instead of a "Line" chart. You can include lines on
either. The distinction is that a "Line" chart assumes that the x axis is
made up of categories (with or without user supplied category labels) instead
of a numeric scale.

Jerry