Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart gets messed up after zooming

Hi All

I have following Issue:
I have a rather big Excel worksheet with 3 charts on it.
On these Charts I have placed some textfields.
Now the weird thing is, that if I zoom extremly, my Charts
get messed up, textfields are changing their size and all!
Can I somehow lock these, so that this doesn't happen
anymore? Would really appreciate an answer, as this
would be a real disaster for me.

Thanks in Advance for any Reply

Carlo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Working at a zoom of anything but 100% leads to unpleasant results. I cannot
give you any specifics but over the years I've learnt to stay away from
anything but 100% zoom in XL.

In the few instances where I have absolutely had to use a 75% or so zoom, I
have been extremely careful to make sure that whatever I design works at the
intended zoom.

If you search support.microsoft.com you will find several articles on this,
or related, topics.

Tushar Mehta
http://www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach

"Carlo" wrote:

Hi All

I have following Issue:
I have a rather big Excel worksheet with 3 charts on it.
On these Charts I have placed some textfields.
Now the weird thing is, that if I zoom extremly, my Charts
get messed up, textfields are changing their size and all!
Can I somehow lock these, so that this doesn't happen
anymore? Would really appreciate an answer, as this
would be a real disaster for me.

Thanks in Advance for any Reply

Carlo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The zoom can do strange things to charts. Try this:

Create a chart at 100%. Change to another zoom, copy the chart and paste it.
The pasted chart appears at a size relative to the original which is
proportional to the zoom. So if the zoom is 50%, the pasted chart is 50% of
the original's size. If the zoom is 200%, the pasted chart is twice as
large.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP