Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default split y axis for visual clarity

I have a data series I want to chart. Most of the data lies within a set
value range; however, there is one (so far) data value that is huge compared
to its neighboring months and this creates a visual problem. To accomodate
the scale range of the one odd data point, all the other data look very small
and it is difficult to see the relative size of the majority of the data as
time goes by.

Is there a way to "split" the scale on the y axis so I can make the majority
of data more visible, with only the top of the odd piece showing above the
split scale?

I hope I asked this correctly

thanks

cliff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

See http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"cliffordjf" wrote in message
I have a data series I want to chart. Most of the data lies within a set
value range; however, there is one (so far) data value that is huge
compared
to its neighboring months and this creates a visual problem. To
accomodate
the scale range of the one odd data point, all the other data look very
small
and it is difficult to see the relative size of the majority of the data
as
time goes by.

Is there a way to "split" the scale on the y axis so I can make the
majority
of data more visible, with only the top of the odd piece showing above the
split scale?

I hope I asked this correctly

thanks

cliff