Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default chart legend names in a chart itself

How do I include in a line chart the legend names of the data lines?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In article , Word-
says...
How do I include in a line chart the legend names of the data lines?

Select the chart, then Chart | Chart Options... | Legend tab | check the
'Show Legend' checkbox and adjust optional properties.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you already have a legend, but it says "Series 1", "Series 2", etc., you
never assigned series names. In an existing chart, go to Chart menu Source
Data Series tab, select a series, click in the box next to Name, and type
a name or select a cell containing the name of the series. Repeat for all of
the series.

For a new chart, if you set up the data appropriately, Excel will do this
for you. With series data in columns, put the category labels in the first
column of the data, put series names in the top row, and keep the top left
cell blank. Select the whole range, including top row and left column, then
run the chart wizard. The blank cell helps Excel parse the range and extract
series names and category labels accurately.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Word-Dancer" wrote in message
How do I include in a line chart the legend names of the data lines?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Do the following:

1. Right-click the chart, and click Chart Options
2. Click the Chart Options dialog box, click the Data Labels tab.
3. Under Label Contains, select the Series name and Category name checkboxes.
If required, select the Legend Key to display the legend color associated to
that Data series value.
4. Click OK
The chart displays the Series name and the Values names at each data poins
in the line - Which ever chart type you select.

Challa Prabhu