Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Strange behaviour with legend in 2-Sided Chart

Hello everybody

i still have my 2-sided chart, 2 Series:
1. Series-- Line Chart, Primary Y-Axis ("perf. indexed")
2. Series-- Bar Chart, Secondary Y-Axis ("perf. yearly %")

The legend now shows:
"perf. yearly % || perf. indexed"
even when "perf. indexed" is my first series. Then i flipped
everything, still "perf. yearly %" is still on first position.
Even when i make a whole new Chart, it still puts the
"%" on first place!
The only thing i couldn't change, was the y-axis, because
the "perf. indexed" has to be on the primary y-axis!

Hope somebody gets what i'm trying to say here :)
I just want to know, what information Excel needs or takes
to order the Legend!?

Greetings and thanks in advance for every answer

Carlo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I found something:
the legend swaps its content as soon as i change the "perf.yearly %"
to a column chart!!! Even when i choose area chart.
Is there some sort of internal sorting by excel!?!?

Thanks again

Carlo

"Carlo" wrote:

Hello everybody

i still have my 2-sided chart, 2 Series:
1. Series-- Line Chart, Primary Y-Axis ("perf. indexed")
2. Series-- Bar Chart, Secondary Y-Axis ("perf. yearly %")

The legend now shows:
"perf. yearly % || perf. indexed"
even when "perf. indexed" is my first series. Then i flipped
everything, still "perf. yearly %" is still on first position.
Even when i make a whole new Chart, it still puts the
"%" on first place!
The only thing i couldn't change, was the y-axis, because
the "perf. indexed" has to be on the primary y-axis!

Hope somebody gets what i'm trying to say here :)
I just want to know, what information Excel needs or takes
to order the Legend!?

Greetings and thanks in advance for every answer

Carlo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Yes the chart type and axis location effect the order of the legend.
And trendlines probably get a say in the order as well.

You might have to make your own legend using a data label with the key
displayed.

Cheers
Andy

--