Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Changing Data Sources

Hi,

I have an excel worksheet with several pivot tables and charts within it.
The pivot tables and charts are getting there data from the same table but
showing the results in different ways. If I wanted to change the data source
so the pivot tables and charts feed from another table how do I do this so it
changes it for all the pivot tables and charts at once and refreshes the data.

Basically I want to create a template within excel showing pivoted data and
chart results but I want to keep changing the data source from which the
pivots and charts feed from.

Thanks

Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

A solution can be to define dynamic range names that you would use to
define the source data for your charts. The formula in the range name
can include some parameter which would enable you to select the
different data tables.

A good introduction to dynamic range names can be found he
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/DynamicRanges.htm

an example on using dynamic range names in charts:
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames02.html

As a starting point, you may use a choose() formula to define the data
range of you chart data series.