Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel Pivot Charts

I have created an Excel Pivot chart and formatted the Data Label and other
formating options on the chart but when I refresh the pivot I lose all my
formatting on the chart.

How can I refresh the pivot chart data without losing all my formatting on
the Pivot Chart?

Thanks

Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In addition to Tushar's advice, you may be able to preserve some of the
changes.

If you apply data labels by choosing ChartChart Options, the labels
will stick when the chart is refreshed. If you select an individual
series and apply data labels, they'll disappear when you refresh the chart.

If you change the colour of a series, it will revert to the default
colour when the chart is refreshed. Instead, if other charts won't be
negatively impacted, you could change the default colours for charts:
Choose ToolsOptions
On the Color tab, select a Chart fill or Chart line colour
Click the Modify button, and select a different colour.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures