Kevin

Default Labels on a chart

I have a Column Chart where I am charting values in column E. E2 contains
the results of =C2/D2, E3 contains the results of = C3/D3, etc. These values
are displayed above each of the columns in the chart.
What I need to do is also display the value contained in C2 below the column
repersenting the result of =c2/D2, I need the value in C3 below the column
representing the result of =C3/D3, and so on.
How can I get this accomplished?

Thank you very much for any insight.

Andy Pope

Hi Kevin,

If you can live with the values of columns C and D being positioned just
within the plotarea above the x axis then you could just plot all 3
series in one chart.
Create a normal clustered column chart based on the rows for columns
C:E. Format the 1st and second series to be on the secondary axis.
Adjust the gap width of the 3rd series so it is as width as the 2
columns. Now apply data labels to the 1st 2 series and align the data
labels to Inside Base.

Or you could just use a helper column to build the display text and use
this as the category labels. Try a formula like this in F2 and then copy
down.

Cheers
Andy

--