Old December 13th 06, 05:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Best way to "turn off" a data series on a chart?

I have a chart that has 3 different series of data on it and I'd like to be
able to turn several of them "on and off", essentialy removing them from the
chart temporarily. What the best way to do this?

Many thanks for your assistance.

Old December 13th 06, 05:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

CodeKid:

There are several ways to do this. The "best" way depends on your user
interface needs.

Here's an example using checkboxes.
http://processtrends.com/pg_interact...checkboxes.htm

A second example lets user both scroll data and select series:
http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_sc...r_checkbox.htm

I have several videos that show more elaborate techniques.

Kelly

e-mail: koday AT processtrends DOT com

Old December 13th 06, 06:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hide the ranges containing the data for the unwanted rows, either manually
or using an Autofilter.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP