Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Gaps in Line Chart

I have a line chart wherein my data for the line is in A1:A100...

and my data for the date is B1:B100

NO PROBLEM

Every 15 days, i.e. in rows A15:A17, B15:B17

A32:A35, B32:B35...etc.

I have gaps in my data for informational purposes (in other words, I have
headers for the columns, such as DATE, VALUE, AVERAGE, etc.)

At present, my chart is an unbroken line...i.e., the gaps are as if they
weren't there.

However, now when I extend my "SOURCE DATA" TO INCLUDE MORE ROWS AS FOLLOWS:

Data in A1:A150

B1:B150

NOW, MY CHART LINE HAS GAPS IN IT every 15 rows of data.

Is it possible to OMIT these gaps without "SOURCE DATA" in partials as

(A1:A15,A18:A31, etc...)?

I hope this is understandable.

Basically, at present, my chart has an unbroken line, eventhough there are
gaps in the data...(non-numerical rows).

But, as soon as I extend the Source Data beyond my A100, all the line gaps
appear!!!

Can this be avoided?

Thanks,
FLKulchar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If the gaps are due to blank cells, select the chart, go to the Tools menu,
click on the Chart tab, and choose Interpolate near the top for how Excel
should deal with blank cells. You have to set this for each chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"F. Lawrence Kulchar" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The gaps are NOT due to blank cells -- they are due to non-numeric (alpha)
cells.

Please RSVP,
FLKulchar

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You will need to delete the text entries.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme