Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
F. Lawrence Kulchar F. Lawrence Kulchar is offline

Default Gaps in Line Chart

I have a line chart wherein my data for the line is in A1:A100...

and my data for the date is B1:B100

NO PROBLEM

Every 15 days, i.e. in rows A15:A17, B15:B17

A32:A35, B32:B35...etc.

I have gaps in my data for informational purposes (in other words, I have
headers for the columns, such as DATE, VALUE, AVERAGE, etc.)

At present, my chart is an unbroken line...i.e., the gaps are as if they
weren't there.

However, now when I extend my "SOURCE DATA" TO INCLUDE MORE ROWS AS FOLLOWS:

Data in A1:A150

B1:B150

NOW, MY CHART LINE HAS GAPS IN IT every 15 rows of data.

Is it possible to OMIT these gaps without "SOURCE DATA" in partials as

(A1:A15,A18:A31, etc...)?

I hope this is understandable.

Basically, at present, my chart has an unbroken line, eventhough there are
gaps in the data...(non-numerical rows).

But, as soon as I extend the Source Data beyond my A100, all the line gaps
appear!!!

Can this be avoided?

Thanks,
FLKulchar