Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Error in chart parentheses display

I've run across an odd error in Excel 2003. If I have an axis title or
chart legend that ends with a right parentheses (e.g., "Units (000)" ),
then the right paren ends up before the first character in the text
string (i.e., ")Units (000" ). I can find no other mention of this
problem, either in Usenet groups or the MS knowledgebase. Anyone else
run across this problem? Running XP Pro, problem has occurred on both
old and new installations of Excel 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Brett:
I cannot reproduce this in XL2003. Would you care to send me a sample file
(take TRUENORTH.) out of my address
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Brett" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've run across an odd error in Excel 2003. If I have an axis title or
chart legend that ends with a right parentheses (e.g., "Units (000)" ),
then the right paren ends up before the first character in the text
string (i.e., ")Units (000" ). I can find no other mention of this
problem, either in Usenet groups or the MS knowledgebase. Anyone else
run across this problem? Running XP Pro, problem has occurred on both
old and new installations of Excel 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I couldn't reproduce this error, either.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
Brett:
I cannot reproduce this in XL2003. Would you care to send me a sample file
(take TRUENORTH.) out of my address
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Brett" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've run across an odd error in Excel 2003. If I have an axis title or
chart legend that ends with a right parentheses (e.g., "Units (000)" ),
then the right paren ends up before the first character in the text
string (i.e., ")Units (000" ). I can find no other mention of this
problem, either in Usenet groups or the MS knowledgebase. Anyone else
run across this problem? Running XP Pro, problem has occurred on both
old and new installations of Excel 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I was afraid of that. I think this is probably an obscure bug that my
system is picking up. Otherwise, I would have seen more reports of this
here and in the MSKB.

Well, perhaps I'll start by trashing the prefs files and see if that
makes any difference.

Thanks,

Brett

On Dec 8, 6:29 am, "Jon Peltier"
wrote:
I couldn't reproduce this error, either.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutionshttp://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in . ..

Brett:
I cannot reproduce this in XL2003. Would you care to send me a sample file
(take TRUENORTH.) out of my address
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme