Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel Data Markers, Limit Qty

I am creating XY scatter charts with multiple lines. Is there anyway to limit
the number of data markers that show up on each line without spending a great
deal of time manipulating the data? Is there something I can do to put a
marker at every 10th, Nth, etc. point?

Note I posted this question under another similar subject heading but have
not seen it show up so I am trying again. If both show up, sorry for the
duplication.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Where are you looking? My response to this post appeared an hour after your
initial post, 21 hours before your second request in this thread.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Jeko" wrote in message
I am creating XY scatter charts with multiple lines. Is there anyway to
limit
the number of data markers that show up on each line without spending a
great
deal of time manipulating the data? Is there something I can do to put a
marker at every 10th, Nth, etc. point?

Note I posted this question under another similar subject heading but have
not seen it show up so I am trying again. If both show up, sorry for the
duplication.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Jon,

Thanks for the answer. I guess the first time I sent this I was not notified
that it had been answered and when I came back apparently I did not look in
the right place for a response. The FAQ information answered my question,
unfortunately it is not as simple as I would like but will have to do for
now. A better solution would be for it to be a selectable option under the
patterns tab. Maybe a future upgrade to Excel...

"Jeko" wrote in message
I am creating XY scatter charts with multiple lines. Is there anyway to
limit
the number of data markers that show up on each line without spending a
great
deal of time manipulating the data? Is there something I can do to put a
marker at every 10th, Nth, etc. point?

Note I posted this question under another similar subject heading but have
not seen it show up so I am trying again. If both show up, sorry for the
duplication.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Maybe a future upgrade to Excel...

Don't hold your breath. There's no sign of it in Excel 2007. Maybe I'll add
this functionality to a chart utility I'm building.

- Jon
-------