Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Plot areas

I am using a column and area chart. The area portion behind the columns looks
untidy because it extends from the middle of the first column to the middle
of the last column. How do I change the area display to so that it starts at
the left edge of the first column and goes to the right edge of the last
column?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Double click the X axis and on the scale tab uncheck 'Value (Y) axis
crosses between categories'. This will make the area chart extend to the
edge of the plot area. But it may also do the same to the columns.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You can move one of the series to the secondary. But then the area
points will not align with the columns center.

Cheers
Andy