Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jay Jay is offline

Default Chart additions to explain

Using Windows XP Pro and Excel 2003. I have a simple line graph showing a
value as it changes over time. I would like to show that there is an area
where the value should apear to be within tolerance. I would like to show
this by placing a line at the minimum and maximum values and chading in the
acceptable area between the two.

This should be easy, but I can't figure out how to accomplish it. Can you
help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You can add 2 series plotted as an area chart.
So you can either plot the maximum series and then the minimum series.
Format the minimum to have the same fill as the plot area.

Or plot the minimum series first and change the chart to stacked area
before plotting the maximum. Format the minimum series to have no fill
colour. But you will need to adjust the maximum value by subtracting the
minimum value in order to get the correct height.

Cheers
Andy