Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I keep excel chart "data table" formats in several workbook

I have 1 workbook with the source data that creates serveral charts. The
charts have been formated to show "data tables" containing both dollars and
percents. I want to take the graphs and split up to various excel workbooks.
When I copy the graph tab from the source file into the new workbook, I lose
the formatting on the "data tables."

Is there a way to copy the graphs to new workbooks while retaining the "data
table" formats? I would prefer to not have to maintain the source data
within each of the workbooks. The goal is to update the source file which
will automatically update the new workbooks.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Stacey
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Data tables aren't very flexible. You could put a table in the cells near
the chart, and format it however you like. The data can be linked to the
original, so it updates when the original data is changed. In fact, if you
put the chart data into the second workbook, and link it to the original,
you lose your need to maintain two copies, because the links handle it for
you. And don't worry about added storage requirements, because the added
hard disk space is much cheaper than the time you spend worrying about it.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions