Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Modify scale in X axis on a scatter plot from Pivot data

I need to increase the gap between my labels on the X axis in a scatter plot.
They are too close and I can not read the labels unless i make them 4pt and
zoom in to 200%. There are about 200 points on the X axis at .2 increments.
I would like to be able to have labels for whole numbers only.

I can not use a fixed set of values by generating a dummy X-axis since the
range changes as I apply the different filters.

Any ideas?

thanks!
Sandy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Pivot charts don't let you change the spacing of the categories. They also
don't let you make an XY (scatter) chart, so you probably have a line chart.
In a regular line chart you can double click the X axis, and on the Scale
tab, enter larger values for Number of Categories between Tick Marks/Tick
Mark Labels.

You can make a regular chart from pivot data. Select a blank chart not
touching the pivot table, and create a chart. In step 2 of the wizard, click
on the Series tab, and enter data for the series one-by-one. If you use the
Data Range tab, the chart will instantly convert to a less flexible pivot
chart.

To adjust to changing pivots, you will need to make a dynamic range that
includes the column of values being plotted. Here are some dynamic chart
examples and links to many mo

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP