Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Copy & Paste Chart

I can Copy & Paste an Excel Chart from one Workbook to another.

However, another User, when copying an Excel chart, and Pasting
into another Workbook, gets the Chart essentially as a "Snapshot"
with "EMBED".

Ideas???

TIA - Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

What's your question? You don't say what you're looking for. What does the
formula bar say in parentheses after "EMBED"?

You can copy the chart as a pictu hold Shift while selecting the Edit
menu, choose Copy Picture, and choose the On Screen and Picture options.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Bob Barnes" wrote in message
I can Copy & Paste an Excel Chart from one Workbook to another.

However, another User, when copying an Excel chart, and Pasting
into another Workbook, gets the Chart essentially as a "Snapshot"
with "EMBED".

Ideas???

TIA - Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Jon,

I'll have to check the Formula Bar later today when the User arrives on
Second Shift.

When I copy-&-paste, and get an editable Chart, the Formula Bar
is blank.

Will reply around 6:00 PM Eastern time today.

Thank you,
Bob

"Bob Barnes" wrote in message
I can Copy & Paste an Excel Chart from one Workbook to another.

However, another User, when copying an Excel chart, and Pasting
into another Workbook, gets the Chart essentially as a "Snapshot"
with "EMBED".

Ideas???

TIA - Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Jon,

Here's the Formula Bar on the "Snapshot Chart"...
=EMBED("Excel.Chart.8","")

Thank you - Bob

"Bob Barnes" wrote in message
I can Copy & Paste an Excel Chart from one Workbook to another.

However, another User, when copying an Excel chart, and Pasting
into another Workbook, gets the Chart essentially as a "Snapshot"
with "EMBED".

Ideas???

TIA - Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I actually expected to see this:

=EMBED("MSGraph.Chart.8","")

meaning a Microsoft Graph Chart object (the one used in PowerPoint and Word)
was embedded in Excel. I honestly don't know how to embed a regular Excel
chart in such a way as to display this kind of thing in the formula bar.

- Jon
-------

"Bob Barnes" wrote in message
I can Copy & Paste an Excel Chart from one Workbook to another.

However, another User, when copying an Excel chart, and Pasting
into another Workbook, gets the Chart essentially as a "Snapshot"
with "EMBED".

Ideas???

TIA - Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Jon - Thank you.

As an Access Programmer, my first thought was...
Is that such a thing as "Tools - References" in Excel??

"Something" must be "unusaul" about his Excel installed.

As always, thank you.
Bob

"Bob Barnes" wrote in message
I can Copy & Paste an Excel Chart from one Workbook to another.

However, another User, when copying an Excel chart, and Pasting
into another Workbook, gets the Chart essentially as a "Snapshot"
with "EMBED".

Ideas???

TIA - Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Not sure if this helps but I can get =EMBED("Excel.Chart.8","")
when copying a chartobject from xl2000 to xl2003. But I do have to have
both versions open. Simply saving the older version and opening in xl2k3
allowed for normal copy/paste.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Andy,

In our scenario, both Workbooks are Excel 2003.
Interesting.

Thank you - Bob