Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Points with the same value lie on top of each other - displace, move

This question was asked a few years ago by someone else:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...35a4916f3440fc

Basically, I am using a line chart for a 'wrong' purpose. X axis values
are actually categories and data points are not joined by lines. I am
doing this to produce a chart such as this:
http://conceptwheel.servehttp.com/chart.gif .

The answer given in the previous thread suggested faking numbers on a
scattergraph to create the effect. But that was in 2004 - I assume
there must be, at least by now, a better way to do this! This is
actually quite a common graph in scientific literature so someone must
have made a plugin or script, surely!

Looking forward to hearing from someone,

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Paul:

You can generate exactly what you want with an XY chart and a dummy axis
series.

This page gives the basics. There are a number of dummy axis examples on the
site.

http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_d...xis_series.htm

...Kelly

ups.com...