Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default hiding % characted in the Y axis using custom format

Few weeks ago I have seen a presentation where by using custom format it was
possible to format the Y axis so that it was displaying the % only next to
100 and all the rest of the axis was displaying numbers without %. It was like
100%
80
60
40
20
0
I do not remember the syntax of this custom format. Can someone refresh my
memory ? How it was done ?

Regards

Tony
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Sounds like someone but a textbox over the 100 to make it 100%
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Tony" wrote in message
Few weeks ago I have seen a presentation where by using custom format it
was
possible to format the Y axis so that it was displaying the % only next to
100 and all the rest of the axis was displaying numbers without %. It was
like
100%
80
60
40
20
0
I do not remember the syntax of this custom format. Can someone refresh my
memory ? How it was done ?

Regards

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If the values where plain numbers then try
[=100]General\%;General

Cheers
Andy

Tony wrote:
Few weeks ago I have seen a presentation where by using custom format it was
possible to format the Y axis so that it was displaying the % only next to
100 and all the rest of the axis was displaying numbers without %. It was like
100%
80
60
40
20
0
I do not remember the syntax of this custom format. Can someone refresh my
memory ? How it was done ?

Regards

Tony

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Andy,

I was a bit too quick with replying. It is still not exactly what I want. It
is showing now:
100%
0.8
0.6
0.4
0.2

while I would like to have:
100%
80
60
40
20

Could you please help me more.

Regards,

Tony

Tony wrote:
Few weeks ago I have seen a presentation where by using custom format it was
possible to format the Y axis so that it was displaying the % only next to
100 and all the rest of the axis was displaying numbers without %. It was like
100%
80
60
40
20
0
I do not remember the syntax of this custom format. Can someone refresh my
memory ? How it was done ?

Regards

Tony

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I did say plain numbers, by which I meant not those being converted to
percentages. The % in the number format not only adds the % sign it also
multiplys the value by 100.

I don't think you can lose the % sign with your data. You would need to
use a helper column to factor up the values first.

Maybe you could contact whoever gave the presentation and ask how they
did it?

Cheers
Andy

Tony wrote:

Few weeks ago I have seen a presentation where by using custom format it was
possible to format the Y axis so that it was displaying the % only next to
100 and all the rest of the axis was displaying numbers without %. It was like
100%
80
60
40
20
0
I do not remember the syntax of this custom format. Can someone refresh my
memory ? How it was done ?

Regards

Tony

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Andy,

I have what I wanted. I have created another column with percentage values
multiplied by 100 and used the following custom format:

[=100]General\%;General

It is displaying now what I wanted.

Regards,

Tony