Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Adding pinned arrows to a chart

Hi!

Is there any way to add an arrow that points to a specific coordinate
in the chart, even if it resizes? I want to point out interesting
things in a chart I have.

--
RealRaven
RealRaven's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37058

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

1) click on chart
2) from Drawing tool select the line with arrow
3) draw line
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"RealRaven" wrote
in message ...

Hi!

Is there any way to add an arrow that points to a specific coordinate
in the chart, even if it resizes? I want to point out interesting
things in a chart I have.

--
RealRaven
RealRaven's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=567787

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I've tried that. It sure becomes a nice arrow. And I can get it to scale
with the entire chart, but not with the axis. If my x-axis is from 0 to
10 and I draw an arrow right at x=5. Then scale my x-axis to be 0 to
20, the arrow will point at 10, not 5 as I want.

--
RealRaven
RealRaven's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37058
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=567787

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Drawn shapes are not pinned to specific chart positions, and sometimes move
on their own even if the data or axes don't change. However, you can use
drawn shapes as custom data markers, and they will move with the axis
scales:

http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/PointAtPoints.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"RealRaven" wrote
in message ...

I've tried that. It sure becomes a nice arrow. And I can get it to scale
with the entire chart, but not with the axis. If my x-axis is from 0 to
10 and I draw an arrow right at x=5. Then scale my x-axis to be 0 to
20, the arrow will point at 10, not 5 as I want.

--
RealRaven

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
RealRaven said:
I've tried that. It sure becomes a nice arrow. And I can get it to scale
with the entire chart, but not with the axis. If my x-axis is from 0 to
10 and I draw an arrow right at x=5. Then scale my x-axis to be 0 to
20, the arrow will point at 10, not 5 as I want.

Bernard's suggestion won't work for you because, as you said, you want
the arrow to point at a pair of coordinates on the chart, even if you
change the chart size.

Jon Peltier has the answer you're looking for, with his article "Use an
Arrow to Indicate Special Points":

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/PointAtPoints.html

--
Del Cotter