Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I put custom data labels on charts in Excel?

I have a chart showing burn rates (fairly small numbers) and EACs/ETCs(Relly
big numbers). I have set up 2 Y-Axis, but this stretches the burn rate a
lot, so if it changes a little bit, it adjusts the axis and suddenly, a 1%
spike goes all the way from the bottom edge to the top. I know I can define
the axis to compensate, but then if there really were a spike, it has the
potential to go off the page, something I'm not sure people will know how to
fix when I leave this internship in a couple weks.

What I want to do is add another set of data, a percent change in the burn
rate. Obviously, I don't want to show this as another line, but rather as a
label on the burn rate data points. This should be really easy, but I can't
find a way to do it. Also, I'm pretty iffy about downloading things as this
is a government-owned computer.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Matt -

There are a couple free Excel utilities that apply labels from a worksheet
range to a chart series. Both integrate seamlessly with Excel:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"mattgoof2005" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You can add custom labels by hand though it can be PITA for more than a few
labels. The technique for
Dynamic Chart Title
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...tle/index.html
also works with labels.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

How does this work with data labels? I've tried every combination I
can think of to link a chart data point with a data label in an
adjacent column, to no avail.

I would be most appreciative of any help here...

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 20:06:53 -0400, Tushar Mehta
wrote:

You can add custom labels by hand though it can be PITA for more than a few
labels. The technique for
Dynamic Chart Title
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...tle/index.html
also works with labels.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

One by one, you could select a label (click once to select a series of
labels, then again to select a single label). type = in the formula bar,
then click on a cell.

To do a whole series at a time, check out one of these utilities: