Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
mattgoof2005 mattgoof2005 is offline

Default How do I put custom data labels on charts in Excel?

I take it then that you can't do it without downloading something? (Frickin'
DOE computers)

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Matt -

There are a couple free Excel utilities that apply labels from a worksheet
range to a chart series. Both integrate seamlessly with Excel:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"mattgoof2005" wrote in message
I have a chart showing burn rates (fairly small numbers) and
EACs/ETCs(Relly
big numbers). I have set up 2 Y-Axis, but this stretches the burn rate a
lot, so if it changes a little bit, it adjusts the axis and suddenly, a 1%
spike goes all the way from the bottom edge to the top. I know I can
define
the axis to compensate, but then if there really were a spike, it has the
potential to go off the page, something I'm not sure people will know how
fix when I leave this internship in a couple weks.

What I want to do is add another set of data, a percent change in the burn
rate. Obviously, I don't want to show this as another line, but rather as
label on the burn rate data points. This should be really easy, but I
can't
find a way to do it. Also, I'm pretty iffy about downloading things as
this
is a government-owned computer.