Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Dahl Ron Dahl is offline

Default followhyperlink failure

Some of the lines of code that I am using are as follows:

Dim MailLink As String
Dim SendTo As String

''''Loop to create SendTo

MailLink = "mailto:" & SendTo
ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink MailLink, , True

I have a loop that increments SendTo by adding a semicolon and a new name.
It worked fine up to SendTo containingf 38 names and the string had a length
of 926 characters.

It failed with err.number = 5 when SendTo contained 39 names and 951
characters.

Can anyone tells me why it fails and how to workaround this.
I know I can paste many more than 60 names in Outlook, so I don't think it's
an Outlook limitation
I would like to send an email to about 100 subcontractors on a project, and
I have to go through the process 3 times right now and select about 33 or 34
names each time.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Ron Dahl