Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Excel Programing / VBE - Good Books?

I would say the second is more what is sought (1 chapter primer, then into
the topics), but agree both are good.

Tom Ogilvy

J.E. McGimpsey wrote in message
In article ,
jimredfield wrote:

I'm familiar with traditional-language programing (old Pascal hacker,
way back when that term implied white witches) and want to get up to
speed with Excel programing and, because I assume it's the foundation
underneath, Visual Basic. Is there a good, find it at Borders book that
covers the mainstream Excel/VBE techniques without wasting many pages
on programer-newbie stuff like "this is what a function is," "this is
what a variable is" explanantions?

..rainy weekend. Thought I'd try to dive in while I can. Tnx.

Best two I know of:

"Excel 2002 Power Programming with VBA" by John Walkenbach
"Excel 2002 VBA Programmer's Reference" by Bovey, Bullen, Green and
Rosenberg

The first is probably more what you're looking for, but they're both
worthwhile.

See more at Debra Dalgliesh's site:
http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.htmls