Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed[_9_] Ed[_9_] is offline

Default Calling Word function from within Excel

In my spreadsheet, I have links to many Word docs. There is often a need to
search through the Word docs for those containing certain words or phrases.
This is easily done from within Word. But can I call that Word function up
from within Excel and use it? More specifically, can I "capture" this
within my spreadsheet, and allow my users to access this search function,
regardless of their individual Word and Excel settings? (Assume macros ON,
Word and Excel 2000 on Win2000.)

Thanks for any and all help.

Ed