Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter Huang [MSFT] Peter Huang [MSFT] is offline

Default OLEFormat.object access is very slow

Hi Matt,

Thank you for posting questions in the newsgroup. I will take a look at
this issue and update you when I get any result.

Thanks,

Regards,
Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

--------------------
From: "Matt Tessar"
Sender: "Matt Tessar"
Subject: OLEFormat.object access is very slow
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:04:27 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello,

I have an application that adds charts into powerpoint
using the AddOLEObject function. When I attempt to assign
the recently added object to a variable of type
Excel.Chart from the shape.OLEFormat.Object property , it
takes quite a while. This assignment/cast seems to take
about 1 second to complete. Does anyone know why this is
so slow? Is there a different way to access the pointer
to the chart than using the OLEFormat.object property? Is
there a way to speed this up?

Thanks
Matt