Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Form control names

Howard,

You can manually change the name by selecting the control
(right-click) and entering the name in the Name box, the same
place you type in range names.

In VBA, use something like
ActiveSheet.DropDowns(1).Name = "TheNewName"

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Howard Kaikow" wrote in message
When I right click on an ActiveX control in a worksheet, I have

an
opportunity to set and learn the control's properties, including

changing
the control's name.

How do I do that for the old controls from the Forms toolbar?
In particular, how do I learn/set the control's name?

I know how to do this within the code, e.g.:

ActiveSheet.DropDown(1).name = "PizzaMenu"

But cannot seem to find the control property, for a Forms

control, via the
GUI.
--
http://www.standards.com/; Howard Kaikow's web site.