Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ty Ty is offline

Default Removing 3-4 decimals

On Jun 8, 8:56*am, Gord Dibben wrote:
Just to make sure you do not inadvertantly replace any other decimal points in
other columns.

I do not trust Excel to operate on just the range I have selected when doing an
editreplace.

If that is the only column with DP then no problem with your suggestion.

Gord

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 01:43:51 -0400, "Rick Rothstein"

wrote:
Can you cut that column and paste to a new
worksheet then run EditReplace on it?

Then paste back into original spot.

I'm curious... why copy it to another sheet, do the replace and then copy it
back instead of just doing the replace at the original location?

Rick Rothstein (MVP - Excel)- Hide quoted text -

The SUBSTITUTE vs REPLACE? I used the SUBSTITUE in an additional
column on same sheet because I still need to see the other column.
Works great!

SUBSTITUTE(G265,".","")