Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Domanda Domanda is offline

Default Printing and scaling: why does Excel behave in such a way? PLZ HELP!!!

Did you check in View | Page Break View (for page breaks), in File |
Page Setup (for Margins & Size Magnification - even though you've
specified Fit To, on re-entry to Setup, Magnification will be what it
does), and in File | Print Preview (for correct paginating) ?

Alan Lloyd

Alan,
the page breaks are nicely put, Zoom is at 100%, and the preview show
me the two pages properly, but TWO pages, not one. As the option to
have 2 pages on 1 sheet is selected via printer option.

My feeling is that -ALTHOUGH I select the print are exactly like my
table- Excel consider 1 page as my talbe PLUS the with under it. Try
to visualize an entire page, even blank. Then if you want TWO of THESE
entire pages (not just your table) on the same page, Excel rotate the
orientation and scale the tables down.
This is the only way to understand it. It become obvious if you put
-as I did jjust to experiment- a footnote among the print options
(like date or number page).